New Ways to Repower with Briggs & Stratton
July 2nd, 2010:
The potential applications for repower engines are endless. This year, it is going to be easier than ever to see how you can use repower engines to grow your business. In July, The Power Portal will offer a new feature - a searchable repower application database - that will allow you to see the types of equipment and applications dealers are successfully repowering with Briggs & Stratton engines.
Imagine being able to search on the model number of a piece of equipment to see exactly which Briggs & Stratton engine would work best for repowering. Your customers will thank you for helping to extend the life of their equipment. Briggs & Stratton dealers who use repower engines and enter different configurations into the database will also e given an incentive to do so. As more entries are made, the repower database will continue to grow resulting in even more possibilities.
Another new addition to the Briggs & Stratton Repower Program this year is the VanguardT 6.5 gross HP engine. This engine has all the power you have come to expect from a Vanguard, with several key features that help it stand up to the tough conditions contractors encounter every day. "You would be amazed to see the lengths we put the Vanguard 6.5 gross HP through while in development to ensure a reliable, durable, quality engine that fits on a variety of applications. From tillers to pressure washers and everywhere between, this engine has the features necessary to protect it under the most demanding of conditions," said Chris Powell, Commercial Power Sales & Service Manager for Briggs & Stratton.
The Vanguard single-cylinder 6.5 gross HP engine has many innovative features including:
▪ TransportGuardT - simultaneously shuts off fuel and the ignition eliminating oil/fuel dilution during transportation
▪ Air Filter System - water-repellent filter with innovative triple seal design; dramatically decreases debris intake
▪ Oil Sensor - automatically shuts down the engine in low oil situations to safeguard investment
▪ Recoil Starter - with four external bolts that makes starter rope replacement easy and quick
▪ Sediment Filter - sediment collects in a large, clear bowl with a convenient, tool-free drain valve
▪ Compact Design - with direct engine mounted metal fuel tank to fit most equipment
Repowering allows for major repairs in less time than traditional rebuilds or short blocks. It represents a profit opportunity for your dealership and provides a service that the traditional retail store cannot offer. Contact your IDN sale representative to take advantage of the Vanguard 6.5 gross HP and the other great repower engines offered by Briggs & Stratton.
Written By: Briggs & Stratton Power Pulse
Visit the News page here..