Most 4-cycle hand held engines are started in this manner:
1. Check the oil level in the crankcase. Fill the fuel tank and put the ignition switch in the "RUN" ( | ) position.
2. Fully depress and release the primer bulb 5 to 7 times.
3. Place the choke lever in the "FULL CHOKE" position.
4. With the unit on the ground, pull the starter rope quickly until the engine sounds like it wants to run (no more than 5 pulls)
5. Place the choke lever in the "PARTIAL CHOKE" position. Pull the starter rope quickly until the engine starts (no more than 5 pulls)
6. If the engine does not start, repeat steps 2 to 5.
7. Run the engine for 30 seconds, with the throttle lever fully squeezed to warm up. Place the choke lever in the "RUN" position.
8. To stop the engine, put the ignition switch in the "STOP" ( 0 ) position. NOTE: In colder weather, run the engine for 2 to 3 minutes to warm up. NOTE: When storing the unit, place the unit flat on the floor instead of hanging it by the guard or the cutting head. If troubled starting occurs or assistance is necessary, please consult the operators manual or contact us by e-mail
email@example.com and a customer service representative will be glad to help.