Most 2-cycle engines are started in this manner:
1. If there is an on/off switch, move it to the on position.
2. If the unit has a primer bulb, fully depress and release the primer bulb 5 to 7 times.
3. Move the choke to the FULL CHOKE position.
4. Hold or lock the throttle in the on position.
5. Set the unit on the ground.
6. Make short, brisk pulls on the starter rope until the engine attempts to start and a short "purring" sound is heard as if the engine almost wants to start (typically between 1-5 pulls). Your unit will not run in the full choke position.
7. Move the choke to PARTIAL CHOKE and continue pulling the starter rope until the engine starts (3 pulls maximum). If this fails, start over from the beginning.
8. After allowing 10-30 seconds (longer in colder ambient temperatures) for the engine to warm up, move the choke to RUN and release or unlock the throttle.
9. If the unit dies, start over from step number 3.
10. Once the unit warms up, you should be able to stop and restart the unit with the choke in the off position. If troubled starting occurs or assistance is necessary, please consult the operators manual or contact us by e-mail
firstname.lastname@example.org and a customer service representative will be glad to help.