Shop Online


Follow Us
Facebook Twitter
Latest News

Click here for our Latest News

Print-Friendly Page

Barrette's Small Engines Inc. - FAQ's

Where can I get battery acid for my "type B" (serviceable) battery?
Battery acid (electrolyte) can normally be sourced at one of our authorized servicing dealers, local auto parts stores, or local hardware stores. It is necessary to follow the instructions in the manual when servicing this type of battery. When first activating this acid, remove the battery from the unit, fill the battery cells with fluid and let stand for 30 minutes. After waiting that 30 minute period, then give the battery a complete charge before putting it into service.

WARNING! Before performing maintenance on any unit, always disconnect and ground the spark plug wire.

WARNING! Batteries give off an explosive gas while charging. Charge the battery in a well ventilated area and keep away from an open flame or pilot light as on a water heater, space heater, furnace, clothes dryer or other gas appliances.

Shipping Policy | Return Policy | Privacy Policy | Terms Website design and hosting by
Barrette's Small Engines Illustrated Part Diagrams Click here for Hot Deals! Tell a Friend Bookmark Our Site Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size